- This event has passed.
Wake-Up Call with Employment Law
May 17 @ 7:30 am - 8:30 am AEST
Wake-Up Call with Employment Law is Batch Mewing Lawyers’ exclusive, complimentary discussion and networking forum for HR professionals – both in house and consultants.
Join Richard Gunningham (Principal, Employment & Safety Law) for our first event in the Wake-Up Call with Employment Law series, where we will discuss how to prepare your business or clients for the Fair Work changes commencing on 6 June 2023, as well as some recent case law developments.
Upcoming Fair Work Changes from 6 June 2023
We’ll explore the Fair Work Act amendments taking effect from June and how to prepare your business or clients, including changes to:
- Flexible working requests and parental leave;
- Multi-employer enterprise bargaining (pattern bargaining);
- Enterprise agreement pre-approval requirements and the BOOT;
- The Fair Work small claims procedure; and
- The Regulation of Fixed Term Contracts (preparation required now for changes in December 2023).
We’ll also delve into some interesting recent case law developments, including:
- When changing an employee’s reporting lines can be a constructive dismissal;
- Whether it is discriminatory to dismiss an employee who objects to vaccination on religious grounds;
- The Qantas decision – where outsourcing work will be adverse action; and
- When you can rely upon breach of workplace policies for a dismissal.