Batch Mewing Lawyers have advised clients on many high profile construction and infrastructure projects. Recently, we have advised clients involved in the following major projects:
- $1.2 billion Lady Cilento Children’s Hospital;
- $1.6 billion Gold Coast Light Rail;
- $314 million North West Rail Link;
- Multi-billion dollar LNG projects near Gladstone;
- Multi-million dollar coal, gold and copper processing facilities throughout Australia and internationally;
- $100 million Sydney Trains CCTV upgrade; and
- Multi-million residential and commercial developments including: Broadway on Ann and Newstead Central at Fortitude Valley, Riverpoint at West End, and the Redbank Plains Shopping Centre.
Batch Mewing Lawyers have significant experience in all construction law matters including:
- Australian Standard and Bespoke Construction Contracts.
- Building and Construction Industry Payments Act 2004 (Qld);
- Building and Construction Industry Security of Payment Act 1999 (NSW);
- Subcontractors’ Charges Act 1974 (Qld) and Contractors’ Debt Act 1997 (NSW);
- Queensland Building and Construction Commission Act 1991 (Qld);
- Claims for defective design and defective workmanship;
- Superior Courts in Queensland and New South Wales.