Julian has over 15 years’ experience in all sectors of construction and infrastructure law across Australia, and has worked extensively throughout Queensland, New South Wales, and Victoria on complex projects and developments.
Julian brings a collaborative approach and foresight to provide tailored practical advice on complex legal issues and disputes. This includes the identification and minimisation of legal risks, as well as dispute minimisation and resolution strategies for complex construction projects.
Julian has a strong track record of delivering positive results for clients and projects by bringing a strong commercial focus to all disputes and negotiations.
Julian has acted for clients involved in major infrastructure projects along Australia’s eastern seaboard, including the Geelong Road Upgrade, the Brisbane Airport Link, the Legacy Way Tunnel, the Curtis Island LNG Development, the Queensland Children’s Hospital, the University of Queensland Dental School, QUT Garden Point Stage 2, the Griffith University Health Centre — Gold Coast, Northconnex, and WestConnex Stage 4.
Julian’s relevant experience includes:
- acting for Brisbane education service providers in the construction or redevelopment of facilities at Ambrose Treacy College, San Sisto College, Seton College, and St Patrick’s College.
- reviewing and drafting complex commercial and legal documents for construction projects, and conducting contract risk assessments;
- bringing and responding to claims and applications made under the various security of payment regimes across Australia, including the Building and Construction Industry Payments Act 2004 (Qld);
- providing advice on contract and project administration, the submission and assessment of claims for payment, extensions of time, latent conditions, the recourse and return of security, and termination of agreements; and
- acting for claimants and respondents in the adjudication, arbitration, mediation, and/or litigation of disputes.
- Graduate Diploma of Construction Law — University of Melbourne
- Master of Laws — Monash University
- Bachelor of Laws — University of Tasmania
- Bachelor of Economics — University of Tasmania
- Barrister and Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Victoria
- Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Queensland
- Solicitor of the High Court of Australia