Batch Mewing Lawyers regularly advises claimants and respondents in relation to all matters arising under the Building and Construction Industry Payments Act 2004 (Qld) (BCIPA) and Building and Construction Industry Security of Payment Act 1999 (NSW) (BCISOPA) and their interstate counterparts.
Batch Mewing Lawyers has advised claimants and respondents on disputed claims ranging from $100,000 to in excess of $10 million.
We assist with:
- Understanding the legislative framework (including timing and technical issues) as part of formulating overall dispute resolution strategies.
- Payment claims.
- Payment schedules.
- Adjudication applications (including analysis of evidence and drafting of statutory declarations).
- Adjudication responses.
- Negotiations during the course of the process.
- Challenging adjudication decisions on jurisdictional grounds (or resisting such challenges).
- Enforcing adjudication decisions.
- Drafting and negotiating settlement deeds.